Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Album, Composed


After years of work, I am extremely pleased to officially announce the release of my record Composed. It will be coming out in late May on Brassland (US) and The Leaf Label (UK). This record is the most exciting project I have ever worked on due largely to the amazing collaborators I have had the chance to work with. It is also exciting because through this process I feel like I have very organically found a way to utilize all of the things I have learned through playing music for most of my life in a genuine way. If you told me 5 years ago that I would be composing orchestral music and collaborating with my heroes I would have thought your were nuts!

The Guardian premiered the track 'Young And Lovely' (which features Zac Pennington & Soko) today. You can also listen and download it for free from my Bandcamp page.

Check out the trailer for the record that gives a glimpse into most of the songs.

Composed from Jherek Bischoff on Vimeo.



Track list-
1. Introduction (Defeat)

2. Eyes (Jherek Bischoff & David Byrne)

3. The Secret Of The Machines (with Caetano Veloso & Greg Saunier)

4. The Nest (with Mirah Zeitlyn & Paris Hurley)

5. Blossom (Jherek Bischoff with Nels Cline)

6. Your Ghost (with Craig Wedren)

7. Counting (with Carla Bozulich)

8. Young And Lovely (with Zac Pennington & Soko)

9. Insomnia, Death And The Sea (with Dawn McCarthy)

1 comment:

  1. I forget how I found you and your blog, but this is exciting music. Can't wait. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete